Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Valency, and a start...



Valence...

The word caught my attention when I was reading a Michael Newton book, Journey of Souls - a book about the final destination of your life. It is a thought-provoking and mind opener type of book.

The word Valence just resonate with me, and I think it will make a good title for this blog. I just want to make a little repository of my writing ideas, and also store my writing draft and to document the end result as seen and published in paper or newspaper. I am aware that my drafts may be copied or used by other writers, but I subscribe to the belief that plagiarism is in fact, a form of flattery.

It is just that after more than a decade of translating, basically constrained writing as you can not break the rules of original text, now I got a shot of writing on my own, with a possibility of publishing my writing on a newspaper, no less.

For an end note, I do read a lot of books, and if time allows, I will post some of the notable ones in here. I just completed two books from Matthew Reilly, and I like one of his earlier novels, Temple - fast mindless fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment